Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Food Trip - Pepper Lunch


We have this trip planned two weeks ago, right after we ate at Blackbeard's Seafood Island. I've heard a lot about Pepper Lunch way, way back but I never had the chance to try it until today.

We went to their Alabang Town Center branch today after work. The place is quite small but their seats are very comfy. One thing that me and my friends appreciate because we wanted to relax, unwind and to just bond over good food.

The menu did not disappoint. You have lots of choices and what's even better is you can add a glass of beverage + side dish/dessert for an additional 60 pesos.


I ordered the most normal looking one on the menu (and the cheapest), the Beef Pepper Rice. I was scared to try the others because based on the photos, the rest of the menu looks overwhelming to my taste buds. But, I will give each one a try on our next visits.

My Beef Pepper Rice right after it was served.

Finally done cooking!

One thing to remember is that, you have to cook your meal right away. The sizzling plate is very hot so it makes cooking time very fast. I think mine only took 2-3 minutes to cook well. You also don't have to wait so long before your meal is served. Really great for hungry people like us and impatient ones at that.

The Beef Pepper Rice tastes perfect - not too salty, nor too spicy. I was worried it might be too spicy given the huge amount of pepper on top of the rice, but no, it's not at all. I also ordered Kuromitso or Caramel Ice Cream. It was heavenly, I tell you! The creaminess of the vanilla ice cream and the sweetness of the caramel just blends together wonderfully and I so, so love it. Too bad, I devoured it too quickly I forgot to take any photos. 


Overall, it was a great experience and one that's definitely worth doing again. My second visit might be with the husband as I've been raving to him about how good the food is at Pepper Lunch.

Total Costs:
Php  215.00  -  Beef Pepper Rice
Php   60.00   -  Add-on of beverage and dessert
-------------
Php 275.00

Sizzle it your way!

Pepper Lunch
2nd Level, Corte de Las Palmas, Alabang Town Center
Alabang-Zapote Road, Alabang




No comments:

Popular Posts