Monday, October 22, 2012

Sunday Dinner - Hap Chan

We were having such a quiet weekend at home, we didn't go out last Saturday and stayed home to play with Johan. We did the same on Sunday, we went to mass at 5:30 in the morning and just laid back the whole day playing and watching TV.

Well, that's until about four in the afternoon when the husband probably got bored and suddenly announced we're going out. We went to Walter Mart to do our grocery shopping which is a week earlier than usual then we went to nearby Hap Chan to have dinner.

I have been craving for Hap Chan's Chicken Feet the entire week and I already told hubby this but I thought we'll wait until next weekend.

The Hap Chan branch in Pala-Pala, Dasmarinas Cavite is huge. They also have a separate area for events which can seat 40-60 pax but I was told that it is expandable up to a hundred. The crew and the store manager are very attentive to our needs, we didn't have to ask for a high chair because as soon as I was about to, the manager was already carrying one our way. I asked for an unbreakable plate for Johan to eat on, unfortunately they only have porcelain ones but the manager was kind enough to provide Johan with a styrofoam take out container and even put foil inside.

Hap Chan menu - sorry for those little hands who can't wait any longer

Johan pointing to what he'd like to order

Hap Chan's Interiors

Our Dinner

At first, hubby wanted to order our usual - Spicy Spareribs and Beef Broccoli. But, I told him we've been ordering the same dishes for years, it's about time we try the others on the menu. I'm so glad he agreed and we ordered the new dishes that Hap Chan is offering.

Sliced Beef with Mango - Php 250.00

This is very, very good. The beef is so tender and the ripe mangoes just added the right amount of sourness and sweetness. As with the other items on the menu, the Sliced Beef with Mango is good for one to two persons. But, in hubby and mine's case, we have leftovers that we were able to bring home.

Roasted Pork Asado - Php 170.00

The Pork Asado is just as good as the Sliced Beef. The sweetness is not too much for it to become overwhelming to the taste buds. Whenever I eat Pork Asado from other restaurants, I tend to make sawa agad because the dish is too sweet. But, with Hap Chan's version of the Pork Asado, I could definitely finish this serving even without hubby's help.

Yang Chow Fried Rice - Php 230.00

One can never go wrong with Hap Chan's Yang Chow Fried Rice. This is one of their signature dishes that hubby and I will never tire of eating. As the Filipino phrase goes, "Kanin pa lang, ulam na!"

Chicken Feet - Php 85.00

Now, here's my favorite Chicken Feet. It's my favorite because I don't eat this delicacy anywhere else but Hap Chan. I have no idea how they cook this but the chicken flesh is literally coming off the bones. This dish is a great appetizer.

Hongkong Iced Lemon Tea - Php 70.00

Whenever we eat at Hap Chan, I usually order their in-house blend of Hongkong Iced Lemon Tea. I just love how refreshing it is.

Hongkong Iced Milk Tea - Php 60.00

Hubby ordered the Iced Milk Tea. I only had a tiny sip because hubby and the little boy are shooting dagger looks towards my way but it tastes good and not too sweet, so I allowed Johan to take a sip as well.



It was a very, very relaxing evening and I am so glad that hubby took us out of the house to have a sumptuous dinner with just the three of us. What a way to end the weekend!




No comments:

Popular Posts