Sunday, February 3, 2013

Mommy Burn Out


Yep, that's exactly how I feel today. I feel so tired, so stressed out and so frustrated that I honestly want to put that sign up on my forehead.

I'm sure most moms with toddlers (specifically boys) would understand what I'm going through. The little boy's been having the most terrible terrible two's ever (though he's about to turn three this year) and it's driving me nuts and almost over the edge. We went to the grocery after hearing mass today and he's been very, very difficult. The attitude continued on til we arrived home.

I wanted to get out of the house, to escape and to regain the balance that I'm so sure got lost somewhere within the chaos. But, I am feeling very guilty of leaving on a weekend, the only time that I can be with my son. But, I don't like the person I am right now. I'm angrier, shouting at the littlest of things and I feel unappreciated. I even ignored my son a few times today because I am really, really tired of shouting and the husband even gave me that judging look. Hello, am I not allowed to get tired? I've been working 40 hours a week, I shift to Mommy mode the minute I step into the house and I still cannot have just a few minutes of silence during the weekends because there are a lot of things (and people) that needs my attention.

Yeah, I know. I am angry. Am I a bad mother for having mommy burn out?

I read various articles online about motherhood burn out and I became worried when I read that this may lead to depression should nothing be done about it this early. This article's been very helpful, Mommy Burn Out, 6 Ways to Lose It.
"Lose the guilt: Don't feel like you're a bad Mom because you feel burnout from time to time. In fact, you are probably a very conscientious Mom who is neglecting her own needs!"

I just need to get over feeling guilty so I can take better care of myself and in turn, take better care of my son.

To say that parenting is difficult is one huge understatement.





No comments:

Popular Posts