Friday, February 1, 2013

My 33rd Birthday

Oh yes, I am getting old. I was even feeling it days before my birthday and I'm sure most of my family and friends felt it too because of the "emo" posts I had on Facebook. Sorry about that.

My birthday, which was yesterday, almost passed by like any ordinary day due to the fact that I had to go to work. I didn't want to file for a "sick leave" because I am friends on Facebook with most of the people at work and it'll be too obvious that I was not really sick once they saw my timeline flooded with birthday greetings. I have no VL credits yet until February. So, I was left with no choice but report at the office.

I am just so lucky to be friends with great people at work who made working on my birthday a whole lot easier. My friend TJ bought me this Mer-Nel's Chocolate cake that we shared with the rest of my batch. Mer-Nel's Cakes are always, always chocolate-y good!



Later in the afternoon, my mom and sister sent me a text message telling me they'll be dropping by at home come dinner time. What a wonderful surprise because I thought I won't be able to spend my birthday with them given that I chose not to celebrate it as I usually do which is to go to my parents' house and ask my mom to prepare lunch for everybody. I am saving for summer as I have plans. :)

Another cake was waiting for me at home, courtesy of the husband and he, together with MIL, even prepared a small feast that we can share with my parents and siblings.

I am really, really blessed to have a loving family and I must remind myself that over and over again should bouts of sadness about ageing attack me again next year just before my birthday.

Thanks to everybody who remembered my special day, you all are the reason why that day became special after all. 



No comments:

Popular Posts