Monday, February 11, 2013

Drooling Over a Cheese Steak Sandwich (A Challenge to Self)


The husband and I are great fans of the show Man vs Food hosted by Adam Richman at TLC only because of the mostly ginormous and mouth-watering food that they feature on the show.

We both had our mouths drooling whenever the show featured a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. I swear, this sandwich looked mighty delicious! Just look at California Pizza Kitchen's version of it. Hmm, we might have to give CPK's Cheese Steak Sandwich a try one of these days. But, what's holding me back is the price. I think it's steep for a sandwich because for that price, I know I'd be able to avail of a lunch or dinner buffet in some of the not-so-well-known restaurants. Not very practical.

CPK Cheese Steak Sandwich 450

So, I tried to search for other options on how we could have a taste of a Cheese Steak Sandwich without hurting our wallets and I arrived at only one solution. Make one myself. Now, I am scared. My culinary skills are very close to none as I can only whip up the usual adobo, sinigang, nilaga and a wide variety of anything fried.

I found a recipe over at Casa Veneracion of their own version of the Cheese Steak Sandwich and after reading through the entire thing I realized it is really not hard to cook. Ang yabang ko lang. :) But, seriously it seemed fairly easy to do, with normal ingredients that I can buy from the local grocery and very quick prep and cooking time.



I would have bought the ingredients and plan to cook my own version this coming weekend but we have events to attend so this "huge" dream of creating a Cheese Steak Sandwich would have to wait until next weekend. 

I.am.so.scared.



No comments:

Popular Posts