Thursday, January 10, 2013

Let's Help an Innocent Heart

I saw this post on my Facebook News Feed and I was moved. If it happened to my son, I would have wanted people to help us and I hope that in my own little way, I am able to help Little Alphonse get the heart surgery that he badly needed.


Alphonse was born with a heart condition called Tetralogy of Fallot. He needs to undergo an open heart surgery to survive and he needs it no later than 3 months since he was born or he will not make it. His parents are doing their best to raise funds for the surgery, which will cost $12,500 and they have to raise it in a month so Alphonse's surgery will be scheduled the soonest possible time. Read more about his condition in his mom's blog, An Innocent Heart.

"Our family should’ve been the happiest today but this situation brought us tears and worry for our little prince. Every single day, he is trying his best. You will never hear him cry. He cannot even feed a straight 1 oz of milk because it puts stress to his heart. He needs to rest in between small feedings. I cannot breastfeed him because he is not comfortable so I had to pump regularly and give it to him using a feeding bottle. He is fighting and as a family, we want to fight with him."  - Mye de Leon, Alphonse's Mom




As of now, they've already raised $1,448. There's still a long way to go before they reach their $12,500 goal and  there are just 19 days left on the campaign.

Here are some ways how you can help:

1. Go to the Help Alphonse Get His Surgery Indiegogo Campaign and contribute now.
2. Send your donations straight to Mye de Leon's Paypal account: admin@myedeleon.com
3. Purchase digital products for scrapbooking from Mye's digital scrapbook store: Pixels & Company
4. Avail of Mye's services for your blog or website design at My Creative Zone

Let's make this happen and help the innocent heart of little Alphonse keep on beating. I just made a donation, how about you?





No comments:

Popular Posts