Friday, January 18, 2013

Blast from the Past


As I was browsing through the aisles of the grocery today after work, I was so gladly surprised when I saw some of my childhood favorites on the shelves - Kiamoy and Haw Flakes! I cannot even remember the last time I got a taste of these two. I remember when I and my siblings were really young and weren’t old enough to receive the Holy Communion, we pretend that the Haw Flakes were the host and we each took turns receiving it. Kiamoy is one of those things that we just cannot stop eating even after our lips grew terribly itchy.


This trip down memory lane continued on until my ride home when the vehicle I was riding played the Carpenters’ songs. They are one of my father’s favorite artists and I can’t help but sing along to Close to You, Jambalaya and of course, Ohhh wait a minute Mr. Postman. Well, I sang silently because I was scared I’d be thrown off the van if I sang a little bit too loud.



Since I was already being nostalgic, I thought of the shows I loved as a kid and what tops the list is what me and my siblings look forward to every Friday back in the days – teenagemutantninjaturtles! I just had to remove the spaces because I was singing the theme song while I typed! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or tnmt are composed of Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael. They were raised and trained by Splinter, a rat sensei who adopted the four turtles. Amongst the four, Michelangelo has been my favorite because he’s the funniest one with the huge appetite over pizza and he talk with a Southern California accent which just seemed so cool when I was young.



Oh, it’s so nice to look back and relive the old days. I hope I could do this with my siblings soon because I’m pretty sure we’d laugh our heads off with all the wonderful memories of our childhood.


No comments:

Popular Posts