Sunday, January 13, 2013

Desperately Wanting the Flabs to Go Away

Honestly, I don't enjoy shopping as much as I used to. I don't like the feeling when I don't fit in the same clothes sizes as before and instead had to go up a size higher everytime. I've been searching for quick ways on how to lose the unwanted fats and cellulite that I gained since giving birth. I can't help but say "Ugh" everytime I look at myself in the mirror - my boobs and tummy at almost the height as each other. Yeah, confession time. :)

I can't go back to the gym because the last time I did, I had a bad case of asthma attack that lead to Pneumonia. I can't risk my health like that again. I heard about a certain system that is proven to help me lose the flabs in a matter of three months but, my gosh, the price of Php 127,000.00 left me speechless (and running far, far away). :)

Now, while doing my usual blog-hopping, I came across a procedure called Velashape. According to Velashape.com:
  • First and only FDA-cleared non-invasive medical solution for Circumferential Reduction*
  • Virtually painless non-surgical and non-invasive treatment resulting in no downtime - you can return to your daily activities immediately following treatment
  • The precise heating of the targeted treatment area ensures a safe and effective treatment
  • Effective on all skin types and all skin colors 
*The safety and effectiveness of the VelaShape™ technology has been demonstrated through multi-center clinical trials.



I've read mixed reviews about the procedure being very effective to somewhat effective to not effective at all. I've seen burns on some patients and contoured abs on some. I tried searching on how much Velashape costs here in the Philippines and the cheapest one I found is worth Php 3,600 per session. To be able to see significant changes, one would need to undergo 10 sessions that's worth Php 36,000 but that's only a quotation from a not-known (and I'm not sure if certified, at that) center.

Good thing is I'm such a coward when it comes to procedures like these. Heck, I'm even scared of the tiny flu vaccination or the standard CBC blood collection. If not, I might have gone ahead and booked myself for the procedure. Well, I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but I also don't have the extra Php 36,000 for it. 

So, even if it'll take me a longer amount of time to reach my goal of fitting into a size small shirt or a below 30 sized jeans, maybe I should just stick to the basics and patiently do lunges, squats and push-ups every morning.

Babypushup






No comments:

Popular Posts