Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm praying for rain!

Summer came early this year and I am definitely not loving it. The freakingly hot weather, especially during the afternoons, is really the worst. I normally sleep right after work at around 7 in the morning and wake up around 4 in the afternoon. But, with the temperature shooting up to 35 degrees Celsius, it is impossible to get a decent amount of sleep. I now wake up around 11 in the morning, have lunch and try again and again to fall back to sleep to no avail. I would be lucky if I'd be able to sneak in a few hours from 6pm till 8pm right before I get ready for work. 

What's harder is the fact that I have to drink more water now that the weather is very humid but due to my very sensitive tummy/pregnancy, I can't seem to gulp down even a small glass of water. Water makes me want to throw up. Hubby bought me two huge bottles of Gatorade as advised by my OB but it has been two weeks already and I still got one full bottle left in the fridge. Now, I quench my thirst by drinking fresh buko juice or melon juice. Any liquid that has a taste is fine and I try to stay away from carbonated drinks and packed juices. 

Let me finish this post with the ORATIO IMPERATA AD PETENDAM PLUVIAM (Prayer for rain).

God our loving Father, creator of our earth and of the universe, and all the wondrous elements of nature that sustain your living creatures, we humbly ask you to send us the rain that our country needs so badly at this time, to irrigate our fields, to stave off a power shortage, to provide water for our bodily health, and to refresh our parched lands. At your command the wind and the seas obey, raise your hand Almighty God to commence the normal rainy season that has now been long delayed so that crisis may be averted.

Merciful and generous God, open our eyes to the richness and beauty of your creation and instill in us a deep love for this earth and all that is in and around it. Teach us to be wise stewards of your creation so that we may always use them responsibly and protect them from abuse and exploitation. At this time of crisis, dear Lord, move us to share more, to serve more and to love more.

Loving God, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, you entrusted the Filipino people to the special care of Mary our Mother, listen to the prayers that we bring up to her, our Blessed Mother, to intercede for us, for the protection of our land and our people, whom she loves.

Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, One God forever and ever. Amen.

Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us.
Saint Rose of Lima, pray for us.
Saint Lorenzo Ruiz, pray for us.


No comments:

Popular Posts