Sunday, March 7, 2010

An Early Start

Today's a Sunday and I woke up a little earlier than usual. I opened my eyes and glanced at the clock where it says it's just 6 in the morning. I felt my tummy gurgling, "Baby's hungry", I thought. I can't find it in my heart to wake up the peacefully sleeping husband beside me so I got up, brushed my teeth, splashed water on my face and went outside to buy myself (and little one) some hot pandesal from a nearby bakery. 

Mornings are my favorite time of the day. The air is still fresh and cool, people seem to be in still happy moods after a good night's sleep. When I got back to the house - I made myself a cup of hot chocolate, I beat some eggs, sliced a tomato and cooked scrambled eggs, fried a few slices of Luncheon Meat, sliced a small slab of butter and placed everything on a plate then went upstairs to enjoy my breakfast while reading through some new posts on my blog roll. 

After an hour or so, Mommy and baby now have full, satisfied tummies - feeling a little bit sleepy. It's a Sunday, anyway, one good excuse to go back beneath the sheets and return to dreamland. 

Happy morning, everyone!


No comments:

Popular Posts