Friday, March 19, 2010

Warning Against Ultrasound

With newer technologies coming out, isn't it such a great thing that we, moms-to-be, can get a glimpse of our little ones even before they were born? I used to be so amazed with these 3d/4d ultrasound where you can see your child's features from inside your womb and I told myself I would have that when I turn 7 months pregnant and will have the photo printed out so I can compile everything in a scrapbook. Me and hubby even inquired in an ultrasound center in a mall for 4d Ultrasound packages and mind you, they are not cheap.

But what's even great is being a member of NewlywedsAtWork and getting the best advice from everyone who has been there, done that. Just today, I was browsing through the messages on the board and I came across one with the subject heading "FDA warning against non-medical use of the ultrasound". I read through the post and clicked on the link that another n@wie posted. It appears that getting the 3d/4d ultrasound is bad for your unborn child. I am sharing this article with you and hopefully you be well-informed first before actually getting that just-for-photo-ops 3d/4d Ultrasound. The article can be viewed here: 

FDA Cautions Against Ultrasound 'Keepsake' Images

This changed my mind and I decided to just get the usual 2d ultrasound to know our baby's gender when I turn 6 months and let God do the rest until that blessed day when we get to meet our baby face to face.


1 comment:

Full Time Mom said...

hi mae,

i too never done 3d.. but im not aware of that article there. i also wanted to have 3d with my little chelsea before, but haven't done it due to financial reasons.

but im glad i didnt after reading your article..

Popular Posts