Monday, March 8, 2010

What's in a name?

As early as now, almost 10 weeks pregnant, I'm already thinking of what to name our little one. Years before, I already had a list of baby names, but looking at it now, nothing appeals to me anymore. I liked the nickname "Lexi" but I don't know how to incorporate that in a whole name, I certainly don't like the name "Alesandra or Alexandra". I don't know, I just don't feel that my baby (if a girl) is an "Alesandra or Alexandra".

Hubby said it's too early and that we should wait until we know the gender of little one. Well, I told him, that's why I'm searching for one boy's name and one girl's name (OC wife/mom signing in). I just want to come prepared and I don't want to just give my little one any name that comes to mind. I even know one mom that up to the moment she gave birth she hadn't thought of a name for her baby, that sucks. You have 9 whole months to think of a name for your child. It would be something that your child will carry for the rest of his life so it is best that the name is well thought of.

All I know is I want two names for our little one. Me and my siblings all have two names and I can say that Mama and Papa did a great job in choosing them. I am currently considering a girl's name, initial S___ E___, the S name means Wisdom and the E name means Intelligent. Now, that's a great combination, wouldn't you agree? I still haven't found a boy's name that sounds good my ears so I am still on the lookout. I am yet to tell hubby the SE name, I am hoping he approves and when he does, I'll reveal what SE means. For now, I'm leaving you with a possible nickname for our little one, "Ellie". 

Happy monday, everyone!


No comments:

Popular Posts