Thursday, March 24, 2011

Baby’s Development

I am subscribed to Babycenter.com and everyday I receive a daily digest from the website. Just yesterday I received an email with the subject “Is your baby's development on track?”. Of course, I want to know if Johan’s development is on track, so I immediately clicked on the link and found this:

development
(Click on the chart to know more)

I read every month and compared it to Johan’s development and I realized Johan is advanced for his age of five months! He even have the skills advanced for a sixth month old! Here’s a rundown:
  • on his first month he can already smile, in fact, he smiled his first just three days after he was born!
DSCF0414 Taken on October 7, 2010 at 7:19pm. Smiling in his sleep.
  • A few days before he turned two months, he can already hold up his head.
DSCF1588 Taken on November 29, 2010 at 6:17pm. That was his Daddy carrying him in a sitting position without having to support Johan’s neck/head.
  • When he turned three months, he can already put his hands together. 
DSCF2698 Taken on January 4, 2011 at 6:33pm
  • He first uttered his first syllable when he turned 4 months, he said one quick “yak” and I’m pretty sure I heard him say “Maa maa”. I have a witness – hubby also heard it. Sadly though I wasn’t able to capture it on video.

  • Now at five months, he’s constantly putting things in his mouth. Constant victim is his Barney teether.
DSCF4029 Taken at March 5, 2011 at 2:08pm
  • At almost six months, he can now utter “Daa-ddi” much to hubby’s delight, he can now drag his toys towards him and he’s starting to crawl.
DSCF4339Well, he usually falls face first but he can definitely move inch by inch if I put something in front of him to motivate him to crawl. This was taken on March 20, 2011 at 9:31am

I’m one proud Mommy knowing that Johan is advanced in his development but I’m a little bit scared realizing that my son is really growing up so fast and sooner than I expect it, he’ll be a baby no more.

DSCF4346Mommy and Daddy love you to bits, Johan. Please be a baby a little bit longer.

No comments:

Popular Posts