Friday, August 5, 2011

Pottermore

I am such a Harry Potter geek and when I learned that J.K. Rowling created a website dedicated to the Harry Potter books, I immediately went online to check it out.

Sadly, Pottermore.com won’t be available to the public until October 2011. However, a select few will be granted early access into Pottermore. How? Read on.

Taken from Pottermore.com:
The lucky few who locate The Magical Quill during The Magical Quill challenge (which will run from 31 July to 6 August 2011) will have the chance to register for Pottermore early and gain access to the site before it opens to all in October 2011. 

Each day for seven days, from 31 July to 6 August, we will be placing a clue on the Pottermore homepage to help you find The Magical Quill. There will be a new clue every day, and each clue will relate to a different book in the Harry Potter series. On Day 1 the clue will relate to HARRY POTTER and the Philosopher’s Stone, on Day 2 the clue will relate to HARRY POTTER and the Chamber of Secrets, and so forth. The clues will also vary in difficulty. On Days 1-3 the clues will be harder, and on Days 4-7 the clues will be easier. 

To find The Magical Quill, you need to solve the clue and add the answer to the end of the web address http://quill.pottermore.com This will lead you to a website where The Magical Quill will be located while early access places are available. 

Example:
Clue: How many books are there in the Harry Potter series? Multiply this number by 10.
Answer: 70 

Next, add this number to the end of the website address. In this case it would behttp://quill.pottermore.com/70
Then hit ‘Return’ to go to the website where The Magical Quill is located.
I’ve been on the page since Day 1, waiting for the clue and I got lucky on Day 3. I answered the clue but stupid, stupid me didn’t realize that the website to which I was led to was already the correct site where I should be able to find the Magic Quill. I thought it was some type of spam or something and I just closed the tab. Grrr! I later found out about my booboo when I tried searching online and saw some results that they indeed found the Magic Quill from the website that I just closed and was able to register to Pottermore.

So, I was back to zero. I only have 4 days left. Day 4 came, no luck. Then, Day 5, still unlucky. And then, tonight, just as I entered the site to try my luck for the sixth and second to the last time, lo and behold!

untitled

The clue was there! I immediately grabbed the Half Blood Prince book and checked the number of chapters, entered the answer and registered!

image Oh yes, I am feeling quite magical!

image Isn’t the background nice? It’s Privet Drive!

So there, I am so thrilled to be one of the lucky few who was given an early entry to Pottermore.com. I can’t wait to know what it’s all about, what’s in it and what HP fans like me would get out of it.

Excited!

1 comment:

kim said...

WOW! this is really WOW! wish I have learned of it sooner..


do you mind checking The CORAL CASTLE out?

Popular Posts