Wednesday, August 3, 2011

1000 Runners for 1 Heart, Run for Sofia Ysabel



I have followed her story thru the blog her parents aptly named SofiaYsabel. Sofia Ysabel was born with an extra chromosome, Trisomy 21 or Down Syndrome and Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, later on she had to undergo Peritoneal dialysis for her kidneys. She’s been in the Nicu since April 25, just 20 days since she was born, until the 23rd of July, when she passed away.

I was crying while I was reading her parents’ words for her after she died and I can barely see the tribute video because I was crying really hard.

I do not know Sofia or her family personally. I cannot imagine how devastated her family is because of her death.

Being a mother myself - I don’t know what I will do, where to get strength from, how to have a good amount of faith - for me to get through if in case my child dies. I truly admire the strength, faith and love that Sofia’s family have. May they be continuously blessed with such.

Now, if you want to help the family, you may want to participate in the run organized for the benefit of Sofia Ysabel. All the proceeds will be given to her family to settle the bills that were incurred when she was hospitalized.

Details are as follows:
When: August 27, 2011, 6am
Where: Piazza at Venice, McKinley Hill, Taguig
Registration is only for Php 500.00 for both 3k and 5k. This is a benefit run. Registered runners will only be given a race bib, no singlet as well as timing chip.

Learn more about Sofia:
http://sofiaysabel.wordpress.com

Learn more about the benefit run:
https://www.facebook.com/runforsofiaysabel
http://runforsofiaysabel.wordpress.com/

If you can’t join the run, may I please ask you to spread the word instead so more people will learn about the event.

Thanks.

No comments:

Popular Posts