Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Healthy Sleeping Routine




Sleep is one of the most important factors in releasing growth hormones, most especially for very young babies.While your baby sleeps, her little body produces 3x more growth hormones.

The good news is there is a way to promote better sleep for your baby: through a consistent nightly bedtime routine.

Learn more about the JOHNSON´S® Baby Bedtime Routine, clinically proven to stretch your baby´s sleep by as much as 23%.

In addition to the JOHNSON´S® Baby Bedtime Routine and products, there are countless other ways you can help your baby fall asleep and even share bonding moments in the process!

I am not yet a mom but I soon will be one in only a matter of weeks now. I’ve been reading a lot of articles from pregnancy to childbirth to raising your child. One of the most important thing I’ve learned is that we have to set a sleeping routine for our kids. According to Sleep Apnea Cure: researchers believe that during sleep, neurons can shut down and repair any damage done during the day. Without these repairs, the neurons may not function correctly due to a buildup of waste products. Sleep also seems important for the formation of memories. A child who gets enough sleep and sleeps well is more likely to be cheerful during the day. The better the child sleeps, the happier the entire family will be.

So, when our little Johan Matthew arrives, I intend to create a healthy sleeping routine for him consisting of the following:

  • a warm bath or sponge bath before bedtime using JOHNSON'S® BEDTIME® Bath
  • read a good book to him
  • sing my own version of Love You Forever by Robert Munsch, “I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be”.
  • whisper I love you before he sleeps.

No comments:

Popular Posts