Saturday, December 29, 2012

Our Christmas 2012

Our Christmas celebration this year is better than last year's because my son is a little older and he woke up to my prodding come midnight of the 24th. Well, I had to bribe him with, "Johan, you can open your gifts now!", and he instantly got up from the bed and went straight to the Christmas tree. Haha!

This is just a tiny fraction of the actual number of gifts under our tree when
Christmas day arrived

The annual Christmas reunion with the rest of our Tan Clan had to be planned way, way ahead because there are now so many of us. Before, we used to meet in one family member's house but it has become impossible now because we won't fit in just one house. So, we rented out a resort in Marikina and a simple get together turned out to be a swimming outing with lots of gift-giving and a lot more of eating!

My impatient son who couldn't wait until it's time for exchanging gifts
Bonding with his cousin Jared
Swim time with Daddy
Tan Family (minus more members)

We left the resort around three in the afternoon and went to our next reunion with my father's side of the family - the Yboa Clan.

My parents with Papa's sister Tita Menia
Skype time with our cousin Kuya Ariel who's living in the US
Johan clapping his hands after playing his "masterpiece" on the piano
Christmas ain't Christmas without Tita Menia's delicious handa which we look forward to every year
Our family minus my brother Pao (Jeddah) and my brother RJ and his family (celebrating his wife's birthday
with the rest of his wife's side of the family)
With some of the Yboa girls
Christmas will always be my favorite occasion. Aside from all the yummy food and the overflowing gifts, the time we spent with family is priceless and truly the best blessing I will forever be thankful for.







No comments:

Popular Posts