Saturday, December 8, 2012

Morning Run

I've been putting this off for the longest time and then I had an asthma attack on the same day that I decided to give it a try. Finally this morning, I was able to get up early (on a weekend!), literally drag myself out of bed and put on those running shoes that haven't seen the light of day for years.

Yes, I went out to jog - it was tiring but I was able to do what I intended to do in the first place - sweat like a pig.

10 minutes into the task and I'm resting already

I was in the zone already when I saw a roadblock ahead - a hanging bridge. I am scared of heights so I considered turning around and running on the road instead which is full of zooming vehicles but I am more scared I'd get hit by a car so I took a deep breath and slowed down to a brisk walk as I approached my fear.


Rickety wooden planks

I was mighty proud of myself when I successfully crossed the bridge without having a panic attack and my spirits soared even higher when I met a jolly old man along the way.

One of the many multi-colored Santa statues

It was a very good run and I'm sure it will be followed by plenty more. I wish I could do this everyday but since I work full time, that is just not possible. I just have to make use of the only time I have which is during weekends. I hope I keep this up and eventually reach my main goal -  fit into a size small shirt again. :)






No comments:

Popular Posts