According to the PCSO website, the Grand Lotto or 6/55 jackpot is already 456,404,688.00 with no winners as of November 15, 2010. Wow! I have to admit that I started betting when the jackpot reached the 300M mark. My sister and I even fell in line in one lotto outlet in Binondo last Saturday before heading to Divisoria to do some shopping for Johan’s baptism. It wouldn’t hurt to try our luck with the rest of the country, would it?
As they say, libre ang mangarap (it is free to dream) so I am listing down things that I would do should I get lucky and get the Lotto jackpot of almost 500M.
- I will allot 100M to be given to my family/relatives. Share your blessings and who else to share it with but to family first. Even if I give 1M to every aunt, uncle, cousin, niece and nephew there will still be a lot left for me.
- Donate to church and charities. It pays to say thanks.
- I will buy franchises of Jollibee and McDonald’s. You will never go wrong with these two giants. Every branch of these two fastfood chains never runs out of customers so investing on these two will make my money grow.
- I will secure the future of our son. I am not familiar with all the bank services on the matter of savings except for the time deposit and the normal savings account so I guess I’ll just put some on time deposit for Johan’s future.
- I will buy houses in Tagaytay, Baguio, Laguna, Cavite, US and Europe. Why in these areas? Tagaytay – just because I love this city and how accessible it is to Metro Manila; Baguio – to escape the summer heat in Manila and just imagine waking up to the scent of pine trees and fog; Laguna – because this is where I grew up and my parents still live here; Cavite – just an investment because I can see that there are a lot of residentials being developed here; US/Europe – so we can have a place to stay should we go out of the country for a vacation.
- I will travel to my favorite cities/countries around the world. First on the list would be Santorini, Greece.
- Buy myself and my family memorial lots. Not to be morbid or anything, but just so the ones we will be leaving behind won’t be left with the hassle and expenses of burying us.
- Buy the things that would make life a little more easier and less stressful. These are the small ticket items like cars, gadgets, appliances, furniture etc. etc.
Hayy, it is so nice to dream. I just hope I do win the lotto tomorrow. But for now, it is time to sleep and dream some more. :)