Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Good Enough Mother


"This is my official entry to TechPinas.com Gadget Bonanza BlackBerry Power Pair Edition".

I always knew I would love to have my own child. Even if I was deathly scared of hospitals and needles and people wearing lab gowns whose faces are hidden beneath face masks – I knew deep down, I would face all these fears for the opportunity to give birth to another life.

When I finally got pregnant and the pregnancy became too complicated, putting my baby at risk, I decided to resign from my good-paying job and prioritized my child above all else. When I gave birth, I decided to stay at home and be a devoting mother to my son – putting his needs first before mine.

Almost two years after my son, Johan, was born. I am finally ready to get back to the work force. I miss my job, the perks that come with having my own money, a new set of friends. What I didn’t realize is how hard it’s going to be to leave the little one behind, every day, five days a week.

That’s why I am so glad to have my Blackberry with me at all times. With my Blackberry 9300 3G phone, I can always make a call at home to say hi to my son; I can post significant motherhood quotes over at Facebook with just a few button presses; I can send Twitpics of my son whenever he welcomes me home with his wet kisses and warm hugs; I can check on my yahoo groups and stay in touch with my mommy friends and chat about the latest books, studies and educational toys that would benefit Johan. It is great that Blackberry is paving the way for me to still be a mother despite the fact that I am working away from home.

Being a mom truly changed me. I realized that my life does not belong to me anymore but to this tiny being that is depending on me. I am not aiming to be a perfect mother, I am nowhere near perfect. What I am aiming for is to be a good enough mother to my son, one that my son will be proud of, one that my son would think highly of despite the need for me to be away from him five days a week. And from the bottom of my heart, I thank you, Blackberry, for helping me do just that.



No comments:

Popular Posts