Monday, May 21, 2012

I Survived the PPSI Amazing Race Challenge

Last Friday was our company outing/team building in Club Balai Isabel in Talisay, Batangas (more on the venue in later posts). We left around 9 in the morning and arrived at the resort at 11am, had lunch, checked in and took some rest before we headed out again to the grounds to start the PPSI Amazing Race Challenge.

Days before, when I received the email from the HRD telling me which team I belong to, I was a bit hesitant to join the challenge. I've been suffering from Asthma for the last 5 years and even though I haven't had an attack for a while now, I was scared that participating in the challenge would trigger it.

But then I thought, I've been wanting to join something like this for the longest time now and since I am not one to back out of a challenge (even if I am asthmatic), I joined.

I am part of the yellow team and we had nine stations to complete. Now, this is the part where I'll let the photos do the talking. :D

The Sunshine-y Yellow Team!

1st Challenge:  Crack the Riddles - our team answered the first two
without difficulty but we had a hard time answering the third
making us the last team to leave the 1st station.

Taken after we completed the 2nd station - sack race - where everybody from the team
have to get in a sack in twos and jump together from point a to point b and back to a.

Station 4: Find the missing coin in a bowl filled with flour

Station 6: Eating Challenge - we had to eat one "balut" each! The other teams had adidas,
betamax, isaw and one-day old chicks

Station 7: Obstacle Course - we went under some ropes and crawled in the mud,
crossed a narrow plank, jumped through some tires and logs and went up
this "wall" to complete the station.

Station 8: Sudoku

Station 9: Jump in the pool and complete the words "Team Building"

I know I am missing photos of stations 3 and 5. I can't find any photos from my friends' albums either. But on Station 3, the smallest girl from the team had to do a three pointer in the basketball court and Station 5 is the "trust" station wherein one member of the team was blindfolded while another member guides him through verbal instructions on where to go.

I must say that this is the most tiring yet most fun team building I have ever attended and I am just so proud of myself for finishing the race without having an asthma attack. 

So, did my team win? Sadly no, we got lost on our way to the last station but it's alright. We all had fun, anyway and we still got Php 1,500.00 in consolation prize. Pang McDo din yun! =)


No comments:

Popular Posts