Thursday, February 3, 2011

I am Intrigued

battle hymn

I’ve heard this on the news today and I’ve read about it online. I am shocked with how Amy Chua raises her kids in an extremely strict environment even calling her daughter “garbage” after the girl behaved disrespectfully. I am in utter disbelief when I read that she threw the card that one of her daughters gave her when she didn’t like what the young girl drew.

I cannot judge her for I don’t know where she’s coming from to behave like this although articles stated that Chua was also raised by a strict father so it is safe to assume that she got the parenting style from how she was raised.

Still, my attention is drawn and I want a copy of this book to learn more on why Chua treats her kids in a way that most parents deemed revolting demoralizing horrifying inappropriate.

I need to visit the local bookstore right away. I hope it’s already available here.

Read more about this on:
Tiger Moms: Is Tough Parenting Really the Answer?


No comments:

Popular Posts