Wednesday, September 1, 2010

‘Tis the season…

image
It’s the start of the “ber” months and the Christmas season for us Filipinos officially starts today. I even heard some Christmas carols being played on the radio already. I’m excited for this year’s Christmas because this will be the first one that we get to celebrate it as a family – Hubby, me and little Johan Matthew. I want to start a tradition very similar to what I grew up with – Mama’s homecooked dishes, Papa’s favorite Keso de Bola and Hershey’s Hot Chocolate, annual Family Picture, exchange gifts when the clock strikes twelve. But our own family tradition might have to wait until we move in to our own home. It saddens me to think of spending Christmas Eve again with hubby’s family. They treat it as they would a normal day and would just have dinner at around 8pm and sleep the night away. It’s way, way different to what I’m accustomed to. Hopefully, we spend this year’s Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my family instead of hubby’s.


No comments:

Popular Posts