Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Food Trip - Blackbeard's Seafood Island


My friends from work and I usually eat out every Friday after office hours as a way of treating ourselves after a tiring and stressful week. We make it a point to try a different restaurant and since it has become some sort of a tradition, I thought, why not post our Friday night outs here in my blog. So, here is the first of the (hopefully) many more Friday Food Trips to come.

Up first, Blackbeard's Seafood Island at the Alabang Town Center. We decided on the place because TJ and I were craving for grilled squid and I've been hearing a lot about it so I might as well give it a try.


The place is just so-so, though. There's nothing special about the interiors and worse, we even had to switch from one table to another because only one of two air-conditioning units was working and the original table where we were seated was located at the opposite direction of the air-con. It was becoming really hot so we had to move to another one.



But, the food is really good. We chose the Palawan Shores Boodle Feast which costs Php 785.00 good for 3-4 people and comprised of the following -  Grilled Shrimps, Tahong, Halaan, Squid and Tilapia, Steamed Crab, Lato, Grilled Corn with Clams Meat Rice. I know it doesn't look appetizing at first but don't let looks fool you because this feast really is good! Well, except for the mussels which are all dried up and the much too salty lato, the rest of the meal tasted great. (Sorry for the not so good photo quality, I had to use my Blackberry because I left my camera charging at home).


Very unique presentation. I didn't notice this when the waiter put it down on our table until my friend pointed out to me that the food was served in a boat. Indeed, it was!


This is the very salty lato. It tasted as if it was just fished out of the sea before it was served to us - yes, it was that salty.


 And here I am enjoying a moment with my pair of crab claws. Yummy!



Blackbeard's Seafood Island is definitely worth a second visit, I only hope that they have that second air-conditioner fixed and possibly add a little more bright lights to the place because it was a tad too dim.

Total Costs:
Php  785.00  -  Palawan Shores Boodle Feast for 3-4 persons
Php  210.00  -  Pitcher of Iced Tea
-------------
Php 995.00

It's not really that expensive and every spoonful, errr, handful of seafood is so worth every cent.

Go have a boodle fight!


Blackbeard's Seafood Island
2/F Corte de Las Palmas Alabang Town Center
Muntinlupa City
(632) 772-2968







No comments:

Popular Posts