Friday, June 8, 2012

Under the Weather

I’ve been feeling a little under the weather the entire week, hence the lack of posts. I’ve had colds since Monday and by Wednesday I felt my temperature went up a little. Only, it’s weird because I just had the flu vaccine last Friday. Wasn’t it supposed to prevent me from getting the flu? And now, I have flu-like symptoms. Weird.

I can’t be more than glad that it’s finally Friday. I’ve been dragging myself out of bed every day despite me feeling sick. I don’t want to stay home and share the virus with family, besides, I cannot miss work, even for a day. I am not entitled to sick leaves just yet so I have to suck it up a little more and go through the final day of the week. I’m hoping I don’t collapse at work. Hehe.

I’ve been drinking lots of fluids – water and fruit juices – to detoxify my system. Together with the medications I’m taking for my colds and headache, hopefully, I’ll get better soon. We have plans for this weekend and me getting sick is getting in the way of everything we need to accomplish.

I hope I’ll get to have enough rest this weekend, be back on the go and ready for another long, tiring work week by Monday.

I hope you’re having a better Friday than me. J


No comments:

Popular Posts