Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Anniversary Plans: To Go or Not to Go?

Our 3rd wedding anniversary is coming up in a few weeks and I really, really wanted to spend time with hubby.  This year I want to celebrate the day in Tagaytay where we had our honeymoon.

I'd love to order a huge bowl of steaming Bulalo while enjoying the picturesque view of Taal Volcano, I'd love to go to the Pink Sisters Chapel to say thanks for yet another year of wonderful marriage bliss (and more to come!), I'd love to head over to Mushroom Burger for merienda and Amira's to buy boxes and boxes of Buko Tarts and finally, I'd love to spend some quiet time alone with hubby over a mug of hot chocolate and a slice of Blueberry Cheesecake from Bag of Beans.

But, I just cannot accept the thought that my son will be left at home while me and hubby are having a great time somewhere else. I know that I can bring Johan with us but the means of transport is one huge problem. Most probably, hubby and I will go there on commute or ride hubby's Suzuki Mio. Johan is one hyperactive toddler and I'm sure it'll be difficult to bring him by commute.

I am definitely torn as to pushing through with the plans or just go to a nearby mall so Johan can come with us. I know that husbands and wives should take care of their relationship and take some much needed quality time together. Hubby and I needed that because we don't see each other that often, except during weekends, since I started working. But, I am overridden with guilt to leave Johan at home.

I still have a few weeks to decide. Help?


2 comments:

vengieric said...

Hi Sis Mae! my two cents is that you should go celebrate in Tagaytay sans Johan... we'll be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary in december, we might spend a night in tagaytay too, only the 2 of us. iiwan namin si Miguel sa Mama ko... and ngayon pa lang super excited na ko... pwede nmn kase kayo bumalik ng tagaytay with Johan sa ibang araw, pero sa anniv, kayo lng ni hubby... ang sa akin lng nmn un...

Jhan said...

I suggest that you spend the time alone just the two of you ni hubby mo. Anniversaries are special QT (quality time) for you. Johan will surely not give it a big fuss (as if nakakaintindi na sya..hehe) if you will leave him behind for a day or even overnight.

And I'm sure you MIL will surely take care of him while you guys are away having fun and loving time together.

Popular Posts