Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Working Me

As I've said before, I started working again last Friday. Today's my third day in training and it's been nothing but information overload since yesterday. Even though I'm slightly familiar with the terminologies because the position I have now is almost identical as to the one I held when I was still connected with AIG, still it's an effort to remember all the information being thrown at us (me and batchmates).

I belong to Batch 7 and there are 18 of us, the largest group of new hires. As expected, everybody came from different walks of life - there are the moms, the dads, the singles. I am currently in buddies with two dads, one mom, one single lady and three single guys.

What I love about my new job is the shift. I'm on the day shift, from 8am to 5:30pm - permanently, with weekends off. That is a huge thing for me having worked on the night shift almost my entire working life. Another plus is the field of work which I am highly interested in and one which will allow me to be a licensed of after two years.

So far, the people I've met were very welcoming and accommodating. The way I see it, everybody in my batch are fast learners. That is great because that'll give us a chance to shorten our probationary period to less than six months making us regular employees which means = salary increase + additional perks/benefits!

More stories in the coming days, for now, gotta bond with Johan before bedtime.

Goodnight everybody!

No comments:

Popular Posts