Johan is becoming very talkative, with hubby as his dad, that's not really surprising. Here are a some of the words or syllables that he can already say:
1. "Caaa" for car. He would say this everytime he sees a car, jeepney, bus or even a bike. I'm constantly correcting him but to him everything is a car. This is his favorite word.
2. "Doo" for dog. He said it the first time this morning when we went out to buy bread at the local bakery. He pointed to the dog at the side of the road and said, "Doo".
3. "Ba" for bag. My bag, specifically.
4. "Ma" for Mommy. This is what wakes me up in the morning. Johan, either lying down or standing in his crib, calling out to me, "Maa, maa".
5. "Da-da or Dy-dy" for Daddy. His second favorite word next to "Caa". "Maa" is just the third fave. =(
6. "Kek" for cake. He learned this even before he turned one. That was during the time that I was prepping him for his upcoming birthday and I was teaching him all the stuff that he can see during his party.
7. "La" for his grandma.
8. "Te" for his older girl cousin who's living with us.
Some actions/gestures that he know:
1. Wave hi and bye
2. Flying Kiss - to which his hand remains in his lips, not really releasing the kiss
3. Tap his head whenever he's asked where his head is
4. Bless or Mano where he would just bow his head whenever a hand is offered to him
I'm looking forward to teaching him more words, probably the alphabet soon and a little sign language. I'd love to teach him the song "Welcome to the Family" complete with sign language which I learned while going to Colegio San Agustin. I have to do more research, though.