Friday, December 30, 2011

I'm Acting Like My Mother

First things first, I love my mom and lately, I realized that I'm beginning to act like her. Here are some instances:

  1. I nag around the house, "pick up the towel, put your dirty clothes in the hamper, put your dirty dishes in the sink!" Funny thing, though, my mother used to bark these at us, her kids. I, on the other hand, had to shout these out to a 31-year-old grown up man, hubby.
  2. It irks me most of the times when Johan throws things from his crib to the floor and hubby acts like he didn't see or hear anything. I don't know if he really didn't notice or he's just too lazy to pick things up. Mama used to get really mad when we acted like this when we were kids. She had to call us by name before we do things. Now, I understand how it can be so irritating.
  3. There are times when I had to go from one room to another to get something and when I arrive at the other room, I realize I completely forgot what I was supposed to get.
  4. I got mad at hubby the other day because I cannot find Johan's bottle. I was so sure hubby was the last one who held it only to find out I was holding it in my hand, seriously. It sounded a whole lot like this one time when my mom got mad at everyone in the house because she cannot find her reading glasses and we were all laughing which got her more upset. Turned out, her glasses were resting on top of her head, seriously!
  5. Lastly, I sometimes call out, "Jay! An! Lhai! Pao! Lian!" and I'm only trying to get hubby's or Johan's attention. The names I call out were the names of my siblings. Imagine my mom, who had nine siblings, call out all nine of her siblings' names to get the attention of just one of us. I tell you, those were the times when all six of us, Mama's kids, were all laughing our hearts out. More so when Mama start shouting bad words because she cannot get one name right. LOL!

No comments:

Popular Posts