On our way home from the wake, I asked hubby, "What if I go first, will you marry again?". To which he got mad and told me these things are never discussed. You never plan things like that. I then told him of the not-so-recent discussion in my yahoo group, Newlyweds at Work. I told him the pros and cons of marrying after the death of the spouse and that it would be selfish of me to rob him of his own happiness in finding a lifelong companion after I'm gone, besides, I told him, I want Johan to grow up with a mother figure. But, hubby is adamant of not discussing the matter.
But, me being such a worrywart and a planner, I am making this post, just in case.
So, this post is for my family and friends who follow my blog. In case I go first, please make hubby read this because as far as I know he does not read my blog.
- Mourn and move on. I know it won't be easy to accept when a loved one dies but it gets easier as the days pass. I know you will mourn my death but move on for yourself and for our son. Johan needs you. Be strong for both of you.
- I know it sounds weird now that I'm still alive, but when I'm gone, don't hinder yourself from meeting other women. I hope (and I truly pray) that you find a good second-wife but more so a good second-mother to Johan. Find someone who will love Johan as her own even if you have your own kid/s.
- Allow Johan to know my family. Make an effort to visit the Tan-Yboa side from time to time.
- Work hard to give Johan the best education you can possibly give. We have discussed this numerous of times and I hope our plans don't die with me.
- I told you again and again, spanking alone is not a good disciplining tool. Aid it with an explanation why it has to be done. Don't spank unless badly needed.
- Do not allow Johan to eat chocolates and candies before he turns three. Chips and softdrinks are definitely not allowed until he's all grown up. Watch his diet, his teeth and his health.
- Save a few moments of your time reading with Johan. I know you hate to read, but do it for him. It has been my goal to raise Johan be an active reader.
- Lastly, please don't let Johan forget me. Allow Johan to grow up knowing me. Show him pictures of us, tell him stories of how much I loved him, how I took care of him, how I tried to be a good mom to him.
Sorry to write a not-so-happy post in a season that is supposed to be joyous. I am just affected with all that's been happening around me and I can't help but over think things (again).