Tuesday, October 4, 2011

One Year Ago

One year ago, lying down on a cold operating room table, I honestly thought my life is ending. Little did I know that I haven't really lived until that moment. 

Dear Johan,

It's been a year since that day in October when I was woken up by a gush of warm fluid. Exactly a year has passed since I undergone 17 long hours of serious pain and discomfort. A year has passed since I heard your first cry.

I still could not believe that so much time has passed. We're having so much fun we didn't notice the days go by and now you turn one.

I know I am not the perfect mom - there are times when my patience is running thin and I had to put some space between us to allow myself to breath. Being a mom is no joke, it's not easy but I love it because I am a mom to you.

You are the perfect miracle that I was praying to be blessed with and everyday I thank the Lord for you. You are the reason why me and Daddy are always filled with a deeper sense of joy and contentment. We are finally complete.

I am so proud of every milestone that you achieved. I am in utter bliss whenever you smile at me. There is nothing I can ever ask for. Nothing.

Becoy, you made mine and Daddy's lives happier with your presence. Everyday with you is always a new adventure that we look forward to.

We love you so much, Anak. Happy 1st birthday!



2 comments:

fashioneggpplant said...

aww, happy birthday to your baby! :)

"I'm giving away a pair of shoes, a giant shopper and a bunch of chocolates from Paisley clothing. Visit my blog to enter! :)"

Jhan said...

Happy 1st Birthday Baby Johan!!!
Mommy May and Daddy are so lucky to have you!!!

Popular Posts