Monday, January 24, 2011

De-stressing

I got a bit mad at the husband yesterday for not wanting to go to our friends’ despedida get together. I felt like he didn’t understand that I sometimes need to get out of the house to keep my sanity. I even posted this on my Facebook wall:

wall
It read "Sometimes the daily routine of being a mom becomes overwhelming and you do need some time off, so to speak. I just hope that "some" people would try to understand that and realize that "we" do need the company of other people and leave the comforts of home from time to time. The walls of the house won't talk back at you no matter how loud you scream, anyway."


I was super frustrated and I really need to get out of the house to let some steam out, so I left. Well, for only an hour or so because I know I will feel guilty if I leave Johan for a longer period of time. Where did I go? I just went to a nearby mall to de-stress myself. I wanted to shop for clothes but I didn’t find anything worth buying for either Johan and myself (see how mad I was at hubby? I won’t even look at things to buy for him). What I bought were these two items from Daiso:

DSCF3004Small white speaker for the laptop/desktop and smaller speaker for the Ipod, priced at Php 88 each.

I then went to my all-time fave fast food to pig out on comfort food. McDonald’s Cheesburger Meal.

DSC09325 DSC09323Sorry for the pictures, these were all that was left of my meal when I remembered to take pics so I could blog about it.

When I went home, I was a bit calmer, but I’m still not talking to the husband. Not until he realizes that staying at home sure is easy but being a stay-at-home mom is a whole lot different story. Just let me see him try do a better job at it or at least be able to match what I do. That would teach him!

Still mad at hubby,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mae!
Just smiled when i read that McDonalds Cheeseburger Meal is your comfort food... soooo like me...

> Vengie

Mamee Nani said...

hello mommy mae! did u ask husband why he did not allow you to go? baka namann he has good reason/s. hope u guys are ok now ;) love love love! johan will know it if his parents are not ok.

Shirley Mae Tabora said...

Hi Mamee Nani!

Hay naku, hubby is just tamad to go. Ayaw lang nya lumabas ng house coz he's playing his computer games. Minsan gusto ko na ibato yung laptop nya. Haha!

Popular Posts