Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cute Hand-Stitched Bears for Souvenirs

I know it's too early to start preparing for the baby's christening. We don't even know yet if our Little One is a boy or a girl. But, I can't help myself and I tend to overthink things, make lists and plan ahead.

When I was staying at my parents house last April, my Mom and I thought we could start making the souvenirs ahead of time. By DIY-ing the favors we might save a lot of money and make the favors as personalized as possible. We thought why not make one of those mini rag dolls we usually see at the malls. Surely, there is a template somewhere over the web that is ready to be downloaded.

As I was browsing through the Martha Stewart website, I chanced upon one entry on the crafts page. Little hand-stitched bears!! These are even cuter than the mini rag dolls and what's even better is that it is really easy to make. I can make larger ones for the godparents and smaller ones for the rest of the guests. With more or less 5 more months to wait till the baby is due, I sure have a lot of time on my hands. 

So excited! I have a new project to complete, yay!


Just look at how cute these bears will turn out. With the names of the godparents hand-stitched to each of them, who wouldn't adore these?!

How to do this? Please follow this link: Hand-Stitched Bears


No comments:

Popular Posts