Saturday, March 9, 2013

R&R: Spa on the Go

source

The husband and I have been planning to have a couple's massage for the last 3 or so weeks. We just didn't have the time until last weekend when we both cannot handle our back aches any longer, add to that the leg pains that we had after we went jogging the morning of last Sunday.

So after grocery shopping last Sunday afternoon, we headed straight to the Spa near our home. Spa on the Go in Dasmariñas, Cavite will fool you from the outside. It sure looked smaller but you'd be surprised once you're inside as they have a lot of rooms and they even have a sauna room. I was not allowed to take pictures of the interior and when I asked the receptionist why, she just told me it's because they are just a franchise. I didn't get it, but oh well, no pictures. :(

While we were waiting at the reception area, a lady took our blood pressure and then our feet were washed in separate basins by our respective massage therapists. We were then given a pair of closed rubber slippers each (which I find icky, btw) and were ushered to the couple's room.

We chose an hour of foot and body massage in the combination of Swedish and Shiatsu. Our massage therapists left us for a while to give us time to change into the two pair of shorts that we were provided with. Mine is huge but I didn't asked it to be replaced anymore since I will be lying down the entire time.

The massage started with our therapists stating the time that we started and the time that the service will end. They massaged our feet first then massaged their way up to our scalps. I loved the foot massage the best while the body massage is just okay. Not really great because my back is still aching when we went home. Also, I'd much rather have the sound of flowing water as my background music instead of classical music. I get relaxed more when I listen to it.

As for the husband, while we were still being massaged and I was about to ask him what he thinks, I suddenly heard snoring (which he vehemently denied when we're on the way home). So, I think he liked the massage pretty well. :)

My rating: three out of five stars. I commend the friendly staff, the great lighting, the foot massage and the comfy beds but they should change their icky slippers and their background music. But then, these are just my personal thoughts.

Would I visit again? Probably, if only for the foot massage.

Total costs:
Couple's Foot and Body Massage
Combination of Swedish and Shiatsu
Php 700++ (350 each + tip)


Spa on the Go
Lot 5 Blk 5 Marilag Subd., Brgy. Zone 4
Aguinaldo Hi-way Dasmarinas, Cavite
+632915 292 06 09
+632920 246 24 69

No comments:

Popular Posts