Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Through Good and Bad Times

Before I went to college my mom used to tell me that the happiest days would be my highschool days, my friends during that time will be my friends till I get old. College would mean serious business, no more time to slack, she said. I think this will be the first time that I can say, "Ma, nagkamali ka jan!". =)

College is hard, yes, but still it was a lot of fun. When you're with the right people, even the hardest of all thesis defenses will be a breeze. I am lucky that I met wonderful friends during college. Sure, there were times that we disagree over the petty little things, but we all kissed and made up afterwards. 

After graduation, it was hard to keep up with each one of us, given that we are based in different cities and we all have different work scheds. Organizing a get together can be quite a challenge. 

Now, 7 years after graduating from college, we finally pulled it off. When my bestfriend Mhy's flight home from Singapore was confirmed, our other friend Cai, who was now based in Cebu, immediately booked a flight and came to Manila. We are to meet on  Saturday, August 22nd, at Barrio Fiesta in UN Ave.

It was a blast! It's as if we were never apart for 7 years. We talked about a lot: married life (only 3 of our friends are not married yet), having kids, work, our college life. We had a great conversation over a sumptuous dinner of Sinalab, Crispy Pata, Pinakbet, Laing, Kare Kare and Sinigang. After dinner, we proceeded to nearby Starbucks to have coffee.

There, we were met by 3 other college batchmates (Errol, Richard and JR). We had another round of good conversation, endless laughter, more photo ops. We left at around midnight since Starbucks is closing already. We said our goodbyes and promised to meet again next year. =) 


Popular Posts