Friday, March 2, 2012

Holiday at the Hospital

Holiday announcement posted on the elevator door

Yesterday was Muntinlupa Day and since I am now working in Muntinlupa City, I, together with the rest of the employees, were given an off day from work.

I was so excited not to wake up early to cook my baon and to spend the day with Johan but I remembered I had so many errands to do - like pay the bills and do a bit of grocery - plus Johan's been coughing for a week and yesterday was the only time we'll be able to visit his pedia.

We were already at the hospital at 9:30am, his pedia's clinic starts at 9am and ends at 2pm. But, the pedia's secretary informed  me that Dr. Caparas won't arrive until 11am. Now, that's a really, long wait and with an active toddler, "really long wait" is such an understatement.

I could have went out first and paid the bills but it will too much of a hassle to go out and return to the hospital, add to that the extreme heat outside. It's been so hot these past few days it's like we're already in the middle of summer.

Anyway, since we have to wait for his pedia to arrive, I allowed Johan to run around the hospital because I cannot carry his entire 12-kilo weight the entire time. Here are some photos:


Up and down he went on the waiting area chairs

From one row to the other

Turning the bars on the window grills

Trying to open the glass window...

Trying again and again...

...and kicked it out of frustration. Hee hee!

Even if you're super kulit, you are still a cutie, anak!

I was able to finish everything I planned on doing yesterday and  was able to spend some quality time with my son as well.

I only hope he gets well soon, drink his meds and agree to his nebulizer treatments without putting up too much of a fight. 

Yay for Friday!

No comments:

Popular Posts