Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Focus: My 2018 Word of the Year



I've read the book The Secret, applied the Law of Attraction, did vision boards and everything proved effective to me in that past. Before 2017 ended, there was a discussion within our group about everybody's theme or word for the year. 

I never really did this before so deciding on my word for 2018 was difficult. I wanted a lot of things to materialize in my life - love, happiness, financial stability, more time with family. Since, I have a lot to stuff that I needed to concentrate on, I decided that my word for 2018 would be Focus.

For my family
I want me and the husband to make more memories this year. It doesn't matter if we go somewhere near or on a road trip or a plane ride away - I just want me, the husband and the kids to try new experiences. I want my husband to explore more, to go outside of his comfort zone and try out new things with the kids and myself.



Johan's schoolwork is getting complicated as he moves up one level. I never realized First Grade is going to be a hard year for both of us - 3 Filipino subjects, difficult Math lessons, memorization requirement for each subject. Lots of school projects kept me up late at night preparing for his materials, making reviewers every quarter in preparation for his exams takes up a lot of my time, even my break times at work are spent doing Johan's reviewers and projects. I need to find more ways on how to teach him, make learning easier for him. 



Jeron's development is something I've been guilty of lately. Unlike when I gave birth to Johan where I stayed home until Johan turned two, where I've been there to feed him and teach him the basics; with Jeron, I am either busy at work or busy with Johan's schoolwork. Jeron was exposed to gadgets way earlier than he is supposed to and now we are seeing the negative effects of it. I need to make more time with Jeron, to talk to him more and to hone his motor skills.



For my career
I like the industry I am in but the needs of the kids are increasing by the day and they need me more and more at home. I need to pray and focus on what I really wanted, what direction I want to be headed. Working from home is one option that we have been discussing for a while now and maybe 2018 is the year that I have to finally give it a go.

For myself
I've been giving too much of myself - to the husband, to the kids. There are more than a few times that I feel drained. I've noticed that the longing to spend time alone is getting stronger, I even thought of going to the beach alone for my birthday. I should be taking care of myself more so I can give more. I promise to pursue my passions - learn to bake, calligraphy, paint - take more pictures, open myself up to new experiences, to save, make myself happy and most importantly, to not rely my happiness on other people. 




Here's to hoping we all achieve what we are aiming for this 2018!


Popular Posts