Saturday, December 1, 2012

Giving Back and Feeling Bad

Stuffed toys a'plenty

These are the toys that our company asked every employee to bring as an act of goodwill and our own way of giving back to the community. It has been our company's tradition to do an outreach project every Christmas to one well-chosen foundation and this year, they have chosen The Center for Children for Special Needs in Dasmarinas, Cavite.

I was the first one to volunteer for this project as children with special needs are close to my heart. I would really love to help out and at least make one day fun for these kids. I've been looking forward to this day and I was so excited to bring my son along to play with them.

Unfortunately, my asthma chose today of all days (well, I've been having on and off attacks since Thursday night) to make a comeback. I had an attack earlier today and I've been feeling down the entire day. I feel really guilty for having volunteered to do this and then not being able to accomplish it.

I hope the kids had a lot of fun though it saddens me that I was not there to witness it happen.





No comments:

Popular Posts