Sunday, October 8, 2017

Johan's 7th Birthday Surprise

Prior to Johan's birthday, I asked him how he wanted to celebrate. Johan said he wanted a swimming party at the beach. I thought we could go to Boracay but told Johan that if we are to go to the beach, it will be just the four of us since it's going to cost too much if we are to bring mine and hubby's immediate families with us. Johan, who enjoys the company of our immediate families, then said that it's okay to just swim at a pool instead of the beach so we could invite his cousins to join us.

Then I thought I am going to surprise him. So, I came up with the idea of telling him that everybody had to go somewhere on the day of his birthday and we didn't save enough for a party. Now, usually most kids will throw a tantrum and insist on a party but not Johan. He told me it's okay if we won't have a party, that it's okay if we'll just go to SM, eat at McDonald's and let him and Jeron play in Kidzoona for two hours. Ang bait lang, di ba?

This is more of a surprise birthday for Johan but since the boys have the same birth month, we decided to celebrate Jeron's birthday as well. I had two cakes made for the boys, a Minecraft themed cake for Johan and a Superhero themed cake for Jeron. My sister made Chocolate covered Oreos with the same themes, decorated the venue with balloons, I made masks and C2 bottle covers and my bestfriend bought paper plates with Minecraft and Super hero designs.

Number 7 Minecraft cake



Number 3 Superhero cake

My DIY Superhero C2 bottles and my sister's Chocolate covered Oreos

The superhero masks that I did myself

Minecraft masks
Balloon decoration c/o my sister, brother and their families

On the day of the party, I had to make up a story to convince Johan that he needed to cover his eyes. So, I told him of this imaginary meeting that "I will be having with my boss" which is going to be held at a "top secret" place that he is not allowed to see so he needs to have his eyes covered or "I will lose my job".

He bought the story so off we went to Nicayeren Lakefront Resort, which looks awesome, by the way.

The resort

As we are nearing the resort, I instructed Johan to put on his eye cover. Since we arrived earlier than some of the guests, we had to keep Johan blindfolded inside a room while we waited for everybody else.

Me and Johan as we arrived at the resort

When all guests have arrived, I guided Johan out of the room and to the pavilion where the surprise will be held.

My immediate family wearing masks
Everybody was silent as I and Johan made our way to the pavilion. As soon as Johan was positioned in front of them, I told him to remove his blindfold.




The look of surprise on his face is priceless! Birthday surprise achieved! 





I am so grateful to everybody who made this possible - my sister Lhai for always, always doing the decorations and baked goodies for the kids' events, my bestfriend and her husband Bong for helping me book the resort and being our photographer of the day, my friend Lyn for baking the cakes and meeting up with me so early on a Saturday morning, my husband's brother and his family taking a leave off work to attend the party and the rest of my family for helping us out with the decors, meal pledges, food prep and clean up. 

Above everything else, thank you everybody for always being there for my boys, for spoiling them with the presents you know they both wanted to receive and for celebrating with us. Johan cannot stop talking about finally getting a Skateboard, a guitar so he can start learning and upload videos to YouTube, new shoes because his current ones are getting tight, a billiard table which he can play with Jeron when "he's a little bigger" and a remote controlled truck that he had always wanted. But more than the material things, he is also thankful for all the fun he had swimming and playing with everybody. This is core memory for him, so thank you so, so much!


Johan and Jeron with their presents

For inquiries on who took our great photos, who baked our awesome cakes and the beautiful place where we celebrated, here are the links:

Cakes: Gai Magdasoc
Photography: Imagine Limitless Photo Service
Venue:  Nicayeren Lakefront Resort




From the bottom of our hearts, thank you, thank you!


Popular Posts