Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

We were supposed to celebrate it the day before which was Saturday because hubby and I were anticipating a huge crowd filling up the malls on the day itself. But my husband was too tired to get up hence we celebrated it on Sunday instead.

My sisters and I were to meet at 2pm at Alabang Town Center to surprise our mom. Hubby decided we should leave early and have lunch first before the get together. So off we went and we arrived at ATC around 12:30. As expected, there were a lot of people in the mall and all the good restaurants were packed with hungry people. We weren't able to find any space and we ended up at the food court. Sad.

I didn't expect us to celebrate Mother's Day in the food court, eating so-so food which costs a lot, almost as much as those from the place we were supposed to have our lunch. #whatawasteofmoney

Johan, however, seemed to enjoy the huge crowd and the food which was a given. It's so cute whenever we passed by a table where people were eating and Johan would suddenly stop, smile at them and then say "Mmmm", in appreciation to what they're having for lunch. He sure brightened up my gloomy day plus the new pair of Havaianas that hubby bought me as gift. Thanks, Dad!

When my sisters, brother and parents have arrived (and the surprise given away), we relived our childhood and ordered Beef Stew at a Korean fast food joint, Kimchi, where we used to eat when we were kids. I swear by the taste of this, it is so good and tastes the same as many years back.

I then treated everybody to glasses of Halo-Halo from Razon's and Chowking.

Overall, it still was a good celebration even if the day didn't start out right. My arms are still aching from carrying Johan almost the entire day, he refused to go to anybody else than me and husband. But, who's complaining? Definitely not me. I know it'll only be a short while until he will refuse to be carried by me as well. I am enjoying it as much as I still can.

Belated Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Moms!


No comments:

Popular Posts