Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wider Grounds

Johan loves to walk, run actually. He has a scheduled time when he will be allowed to play outside. It’s usually around 7-8am so he can have a dose of Vitamin D and then again at 4-5pm when the sun is just beginning to set. He loves to play hide and seek with whoever’s watching over him. Sometimes, he’ll be riding his toy car in our backyard and after a while, he’ll be pushing or pulling it instead. It's no surprise that he always have some abrasions on his legs whenever I come home from work after all the playing he’s done outside.

It makes me wish that our backyard has grass instead of cement. All of Johan’s abrasions on the knees are all because of that hard cement he falls on. If he will be playing on grass, I am sure he won’t have those minor injuries and his legs will remain spotlessly smooth. However, I don’t have the energy to maintain an entire backyard with real grass and besides, with this heat, I’m betting the grass won’t even last a month even if I install a sprinkler to keep it hydrated.

It is a good thing that synthetic turf is already available in the market. That way, we won’t have to worry about huge water bills, mowing the lawn, keeping the grass green all year round and other maintenance costs. For a fraction of the cost, I can have an expanse of “almost real” green grass that my son can safely play on.


No comments:

Popular Posts