Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas is for kids!

Yesterday, my sister-in-law told me of a place where I can buy toys at very low prices. If you are new to Divisoria or even a frequent visitor like me, you might not notice this place because it does not have a sign outside not even a huge banner. The building only has a small tarpaulin which says "Bodega Sale".  It's not very eye-catchy but believe me, once inside you'll find yourself surrounded by lots and lots of toys and yes, they don't cost much. A remote-controlled car is priced starting at 150 pesos. One particular toy that I really want to buy for my nephew, Cedric, is a huge firetruck with lights and sounds and blows out bubbles from its pipe. Super cool at a very low price of 250 pesos. There are many toys to choose from some priced at 3 for 100, you can even get a small car for only 20 pesos. I walked around, compared prices and when I'm done I joyfully went home with two huge plastic bags full of toys!

I know I posted a blog a few days ago saying I won't be buying gifts this year due to my limited budget, but, I just can't let Christmas pass without giving away some presents (for the kids, at least). It saddens me to think I'll be the only one not walking around distributing gifts come December 25th.  So this Christmas, I will only be giving away presents for the kids in our family, I will make it up next year for those kids at heart (oldies, hehe!).



Popular Posts